How Does Online Tutoring Work?
It is really pretty simple!
- Tutor and student are matched.
- Student gets a link.
- The tutor and student go into the virtual classroom using audio, video, and chat to communicate.
- The live session includes:
- An interactive whiteboard.
- Ability to upload assignments
- Several options for asking and solving questions and concerns.
That is it!
What does the student need for online tutoring?
- A computer (desktop or laptop)
- A headset or ear buds with microphones. (Optional, but highly encouraged.)
What are the benefits of online tutoring?
1. Students today are very comfortable using technology to learn.
2. Tutoring in person to some students can feel a bit intimidating. Some students feel more comfortable interacting via a computer/tablet instead of sitting next to a person.
3. Online tutoring sessions can be as short as 30 minutes, instead of an hour for in-person tutoring.
4. Busy families and students often find it hard to have a tutor meet at their home. With online tutoring scheduling is often easier because parents do not have to be present.
5. Students still benefit from one-on-one tutoring (the most effective way to master a skill) with audio & text chat, along with a state of the art whiteboard. Students can even do file sharing and uploads on the whiteboard!